Dale Walksler’s What’s In The Barn Classic Motorcycle TV Show June 18

Finally, some TV worth watching. Our friend and classic motorcycle guru Dale Walksler of Wheels Through Time museum has a new TV show on Velocity Channel called What’s In The Barn. The show focuses on Dales searching out old and rare motorcycles in barns, basements and garages and getting them back in running condition.

New Velocity TV Show With Dale Walksler called What’s In The Barn

The season starts on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 at 10:30 pm on Velocity, then a new show every week at the same time. We will be watching and encourage you to also.

Comments

1. Why do you think it is fake? Is it possible they both picked the same place and found different stuff in all that is there?

2. Show is fake. The hand grenade episode – that was the same warehouse that American Pickers picked a couple of years ago.

3. Value depends on how correct and original it is, but if it is real, it is worth a lot. Why do you ask?

4. Ooops! Those plastic “hand grenades” were called “instant foxholes.” Supposedly, they were concussion grenades intended to blow a small depression in the battlefield, allowing the soldier to take cover.

5. I just watched a rerun of the hand-grenade episode and remembered that I intended to post a note.

Those plastic grenades shells were manufactured back in the mid-to-late 50′s by Plymouth Industrial Products of Sheboygan, WI. My Dad was one of the lead maintenance men.

PIP made a lot of specialty injection-molded parts with a mixture of polystyrene (I think) and asbestos. At that time plastic was still pretty new and cost about $0.10 per pound. Using asbestos as a filler added strength and reduced the cost substantially. I remember looking in on the mixing room, where they shoveled loose asbestos into the hoppers with silage forks (imagine a pitchfork with ten tines). I had the impression that the asbestos was damp, to reduce the amount of airborne fibers.

My Dad died of bone cancer (multiple myeloma) in 1989 and I recall him saying that nearly everybody who worked with him in the manufacturing area was already dead. Dad had a bone hot-spot on his right-side rib cage, right alongside a tumor in his lung. I think he had prostate cancer which metastisized from an asbestosis lesion, which then metastisized to his ribs and thence throughout his skeleton.

A study once said that the wives of men who worked with asbestos were more likely to get mesothelioma than their husbands. The damp asbestos at work didn’t get easily airborne, but the loose fibers they brought home on their clothes would become airborne when the wives shook out the laundry.

A little off the motorcycle theme, but hey, I once had a ’65 Ducati 250cc Monza. Does that count for anything?

6. J .Cunningham says:

What is a 1906 Harley worth vary good running condition ?

7. Dale is AWESOME.
    I can’t believe one person has THAT much knowledge and passion.
    I am completely hooked on his show ‘What’s In the Barn?”

Thanks Dale!

8. Good show enjoy it love seeing old bikes really like the garage working on them more big part of show is finding them of course but not everyone will ever get the chance to hear or see a old harley Indian etc fire up for first time in years and I thank you for that someday ill get my old treasure and fire it up thanks for shareing those bikes with us

9. Greg Adleshiem says:

I really enjoy seeing the old motorcycles and the history behind them but…. Dale appears to be a somewhat greedy curmudgeon…
    Over the years I’ve had more than a few people share more than anecdotal stories about Dale acquiring motorcycle in a less than scrupulous manner much as another person has posted here.
    Several of those motorcycles got away from Dale when another buyer found out about an extremely low ball offer from Dale and stepped up to offer and unknowledgeable or elderly seller a fair market value for a bike.
    Maybe all is fair in love and war but a lot of people value integrity when it comes to transactions involving family heirlooms.
    Would you be okay with the thought of your grandmother selling the 1923 HD JD that grandpa stashed in the barn for 1/10 or less of it’s value or would you rather see that bike sold for a “fair market” value?

10. nick augello says:

What a dirt bag!! I used too like Dale He ripped the old lady off on the Harley Davidson

11. Antonio Giovanni says:

Wondering in your Barn searches

If you would like a barn full of antique cars from 1918 DETROIT Electric to 1935 Cadilac ?

Let me know – if you are just into motorcycles….I do not have any of those.

Thanks

12. I think the show is great. With any production, there is substantial planning that must take place. Looking forward to next season.

13. Fulgore says:

I like the show but do think most of it is staged. You just don’t find this rare stuff and when you do the paperwork and extra parts are never there. I have been through a ton of old barns, mostly you find dust covered broken crap missing most everything that is worth anything. Like the show but it is really not believable at all.

14. Why do you think this show is fake?

15. THE SHOW IS FAKE AS HELL!!! PLEASE DON’T BRING BACK NEXT YEAR!!!

16. Michael Fagan says:

Great show.

17. The episode I saw had our hero stumble upon a ultra rate “peashooter” Harley. He and his son find the motor and frame, and are on the verge of pissing their pants with joy. The owners daughter asks a measley 5,000 for a bike that in walkslers words “is worth 6 figures all day long when assembled”. Walksler before calling the owners daughter over says to his son… “Quick, separate everything do she doesn’t see what she’s really in possession of… Otherwise she might want something appropriate for its true value”. As if this guy hasn’t enough rare and valuable bikes… He counters her modest 5000. request with I’ll only give you 4000. I bet the frame and motor alone are worth 10 times that… Greed has no bounds it appears, who applauds this kind of crap?

18. Tim Gammelgard says:

In the barn; 1926 Dodge touring, all there, Plus, outside the barn under a tarp, 1928 Stutz 2 dr sedan under a tarp. Both are restorable and for sale. If interested, call, 916-203-0866 or e-mail. By the way, absolutley love your show !

19. Matthew says:

Thanks for sharing. Will look forward to this! May inspire me to fix up my 1993 Harley Ultra Classic motorcycle!