The much anticipated Sons of Speed boardtrack-style motorcycle races scheduled for October 15 have been postponed until Daytona Bike Week 2017.
The event, created by Billy Lane, was planned for the 1/2 mile banked asphalt New Smyrna Speedway track. Due to issues related to Hurricane Matthew the week before, the track is not in ideal conditions for racers or spectators, so the event is being postponed.
Racers scheduled to race included the following riders and race motorcycles:
* Jay Allen (motorcycle racer/promoter & proprietor, Broken Spoke Saloons), riding a 1913 Thor
* Buzz Kanter (publisher, American Iron Magazine), riding a 1915 Harley-Davidson
* Billy Lane (Choppers, Inc), riding a 1913 Mack
* Warren Lane (Atomic Metalsmith), riding a 1919 Indian
* Brittney Olsen (20th Century Racing), riding a 1923 Harley-Davidson
* Shelley Rossmeyer-Pepe (GM, Bruce Rossmeyer’s Harley-Davidson), riding a 1915 Harley-Davidson
* Rick Petko (Discovery Channel’s American Chopper), riding a 1920 Indian
These classic motorcycle racers are all built in the boardtrack style, without suspension, brakes, transmissions or clutches. Stay tuned for more information on the rescheduled event in March, during Daytona Bike Week 2017 on www.AIMag.com and the pages of American Iron Magazine.