2nd Invitational Why We Ride to the Quail May 13 & 14
With the 8th annual Quail Motorcycle Ride and Gathering quickly approaching, Why We Ride Director Bryan H. Carroll is busily coordinating the 2nd Invitational Why We Ride to the Quail. The two-day event includes a group ride up California’s majestic Highway 1 from Pismo Beach to Monterey with plenty of scenic stops along the way. The first night concludes with The Why We Ride Riders’ Dinner at the Monterey Tides Hotel, the evening filled with guest speakers, a raffle drawing, a gift bag with a commemorative t-shirt, OEM and vendor displays, and a sumptuous meal. Best part is, money raised from the event goes to The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.
The second day, riders will meet for a private ride to The Quail Motorcycle Gathering where they get VIP parking in an area set aside for WWR guests. At the Quail, you’ll be given credentials to get into the event early, exclusive access to the Why We Ride private lounge, and a catered lunch. There will also be a Why We Ride group picture with the winner of the Why We Ride Trophy, the trophy chosen by children 12 and under and presented to the motorcycle that most inspires them to ride.
Tickets are still available for the 2nd Invitational Why We Ride to the Quail. For more information, go to Events@WhyWeRideFilm.com It’s going to be an incredible experience, from riding up one of the most scenic roads America has to offer to the camaraderie shared to the cause it supports. And the Quail Motorcycle Gathering is simply outstanding, this year’s theme including both Pre-1916 Motorcycles and the 40th Anniversary of Superbike. American Iron is hoping to join Carroll and friends for the ride up Highway 1.
And for anybody who hasn’t yet seen the movie Why We Ride, there’s no better time than the present. The cinematography will compel you to hop on your motorcycle and hit the open road, and the testimonies and personalities in the movie are captivating, including an appearance by our own Editor-in-Chief, Buzz Kanter.
Here’s more info courtesy of Why We Ride:
WHY WE RIDE started as a movie about our passion but it quickly became the catalyst for the largest social gathering of motorcycle enthusiasts to date, and like our title everything we do has to start with WHY:
• To raise money for our only charity; which is The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.
• To help promote The Quail Motorcycle Gathering and show what a great place it is for passionate riders to gather and see some of world’s finest and rarest vintage and modern motorcycles.
• To meet new riders and share our amazing weather and scenic views of SoCal.
• To use our rapidly growing social networking reach that Why We Ride has to inspire, educate and celebrate all things we love about our community.
• To put together a fun and easy VIP package for locals and first timers to join us on this adventure and enjoy the camaraderie which only comes from riding a motorcycle.
• To create a neutral environment for all motorcycle OEMs and manufacturers to come and share their products with us.
Last year we had both Indian and Kawasaki as our sponsors among many others. We don’t know of any other event where you can get multiple OEMs to come together like this.
• WE are all about family so WE wanted an event that our family, friends, wives and kids could come along as well.
• WE wanted to RIDE along the most beautiful road in America, The majestic Pacific Coast Highway!
FRIDAY, MAY 13TH
8:00 a.m.- Registration at the Seacrest Hotel in Pismo Beach (We have a discount rate for riders who would like to stay Thursday night)
• Ride 150 miles along the amazing coast line of PCH
• View one of the largest populations of Elephant Seals at Piedras Blancas.
• Be surrounded by the majestic Redwoods of Big Sur.
• Arrive at the beaches of Monterey and get ready for the feast. (Our host hotel is the Monterey Tides Hotel – our group will receive special rates)
• The WWR Riders Dinner- Enjoy an amazing local meal and drinks, gift bag and 2nd
Invitational Why We Ride to the Quail 2016 event t-shirt. Sponsors displays of new products and a raffle drawing for prizes from our sponsors with all proceeds going to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. Special guest speakers including our sponsors, OEMs, WWR Community hosts and listen to the life of the most inspiring man on a motorcycle.
SATURDAY, MAY 14TH
• Early private ride to The Quail Motorcycle Gathering.
• VIP parking for WWR guests only
• VIP credentials that give WWR guest’s early entry to the Quail Motorcycle Gathering (regular entry is $75)
• 5 star catered lunch included with your VIP credential at the event
• Exclusive access to the Why We Ride private lounge.
• WWR Group picture with the winner of The Why We Ride Trophy. This trophy is chosen by children 12 and under and presented to the motorcycle on the field that most inspires them to ride.