AHRMA Announces 2nd Annual Handshift Shootout
Harleys vs. Indians Presented by American Iron Magazine
The 2nd Annual Handshift Shoot-Out featuring Harley vs. Indian motorcycle racers will feature double barrel action with back-to-back weekend racing October 5 and 6, 2019 at the 15th Barber Vintage Festival. Pitting Harley vs. Indian handshift 45 cubic-inch flathead racebikes. Separate shootouts will be held on Saturday and Sunday, tentatively scheduled for lunchtime.
Each day, riders will draw for grid position and compete in a three-lap heat race. The rider with the best combined 2-day score will be declared champion and receive a special trophy and a full feature article in the pages of American Iron Magazine.
To qualify to race, riders must:
- Hold, at minimum, a weekend membership with AHRMA;
- Have a valid racing license with an approved motorcycle roadracing sanctioning body;
- Successfully raced at least 1 event with that sanctioning body during the current racing season;
- Complete at least one practice session during the event weekend;
- Pay a $20 exhibition class entry fee (good for practice and both days of racing);
- Must pass Handshifter Tech (please contact Tony Pentecost at email@example.com or 256.506.8254 for further information); and
- Wear AHRMA approved personal safety gear (please review Rule 3.4.2 in the 2019 AHRMA Handbook found at ahrma.org/ahrma-handbook)
This is a rare opportunity to promote your company and/or products to engaged active enthusiasts.
For more information about sponsorship, promotion opportunities or any additional questions, please contact the AHRMA Roadrace Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.