Biketoberfest Gears Up For Daytona Beach Rally
Organizers of the 24th Annual Biketoberfest, October 13-16, 2016, will officially kick off the motorcycle rally during a press conference at Daytona International Speedway on Thursday, October 13, at 9 a.m.
“We’re excited to kick off Biketoberfest right on the Harley-Davidson Thunder Alley stage located in the new Midway,” said Shawn Abbatessa, Daytona Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) marketing director.
With the Speedway’s $400-million Daytona Rising project as the backdrop, the Thunder Alley stage is right next to the FPL Solar Pavilion in the Midway, a fan-friendly location directly behind the motorsports stadium. This will be a major hub of Biketoberfest activity for the 150,000 fans that frequent the four-day event, and the rally tradition will continue along Main Street, Riverfront Park, and Midtown in Daytona Beach, as well as at Destination Daytona and US1 in Ormond Beach, and throughout Volusia County in nearby New Smyrna Beach and DeLand.
“We are fortunate to have the support of so many who have been working extremely hard to promote this event year after year,” said Abbatessa. “Next year will be the 25th anniversary of Biketoberfest – October 19-22, 2017.”
“We’re happy to welcome new partners to help us ensure the sustainability of the event, and we love welcoming new motorcycle enthusiasts who enjoy the fall rally and festival scene while vacationing in Daytona Beach,” said Lori Campbell Baker, CVB executive director.
Biketoberfest official sponsors are: GEICO Motorcycle, Hill & Ponton Disability Law Firm, Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys and RAM Truck. The official radio sponsor is Southern Stone Communications with stations WHOG-FM The Hog 95.7, WKRO-FM 93.1 Coast Country, WLOV-FM 99.5 Love FM, KVYB-FM 103.3 The Vibe, and WNDB-AM 1150 News Talk.
Anticipated events include:
- Official Biketoberfest Poster Free Give Away (while supplies last) at The Welcome Center on Beach Street
- Contest Give Away including His and Hers Leather Vest by Hot Leathers
- Discovery’s Velocity Channel South Beach Classics television show filming throughout rally
- 33rd Annual Race of Champions Championship Cup Series Motorcycle Race and American Sportbike Racing Association Motorcycle Race at Daytona International Speedway
- RATT, Jack Russell’s Great White and Firehouse concert headliners at Destination Daytona, October 13
2017 Save the Date: The 25th Annual Biketoberfest motorcycle rally will be October 19-22, 2017.
For more information and the latest hotel availability list, please visit Biketoberfest.org.