What Time Is It? Burt Munro Limited Edition Watch Time
It’s been 50 years since Burt Munro took his Indian Scout Streamliner to the Bonneville Salt Flats and made history – a story immortalized by the feature film, The World’s Fastest Indian, starring Sir Anthony Hopkins. As a result, Munro’s legacy transcends motorcycles and symbolizes the much broader drive to push beyond conventional limitations to experience or achieve what is seemingly impossible. Burt Munro is now a household name among “gear heads” across the globe and the ultimate example of the gritty, adrenaline-fueled pastime of expanding the limits of speed at the Bonneville Salt Flats.
In partnership with the Swiss watchmaker, Baume & Mercier, a limited edition watch has been created in celebration of the speed hero and brand’s collaboration. The Baume & Mercier Clifton Club Indian, Burt Munro Tribute was unveiled for the very first time at EICMA 2017 and is available online for pre-sale.
Recognizing the year Munro set his iconic land speed record, the watch will be limited to just 1,967 pieces. The limited-edition timepiece features a number of special details designed to commemorate the extraordinary achievement of Burt Munro, including:
• Munro’s lucky number 35 in the chronograph seconds counter
• Calfskin strap in deep vermillion red identified with Indian Motorcycle as well as the color of the Munro’s Scout Streamliner
• Silver dial sandblasted to mimic the surface of the Bonneville Salt Flats
• The counterbalance of the seconds hand features the Indian Motorcycle “I” script logo
• The 44mm stainless steel case has a tachymeter scale on the bezel, which features Munro’s record of 184 mph
• On the back, the famous Indian Motorcycle headdress logo is engraved, as well as that watch’s number within the 1,967 limited inventory
The Baume & Mercier Clifton Club Munro Limited Edition watch is available for pre-order now for delivery in April 2018. MSRP is $3,750. Visit www.baume-et-mercier.com for more information.